Prior to submitting your application for a wedding we ask that you carefully read our Wedding Information Booklet and complete all the relevant paperwork (forms can be downloaded on the bottom of this page). We also recommend that you contact the Parish Office to ensure your selected date and time is available before completing and submitting the application.
Please ensure you communicate to us any special circumstances (eg if you have received an annulment, interfaith marriage etc) at the time of booking. Once your paperwork has been received the Parish Office will provide you with confirmation that your booking has been accepted.
If you are a parishioner at St Francis of Assisi or St Joseph a priest from our parishes will be able to celebrate your wedding, however if you are from outside of our parishes you will need to organise your own celebrant for the day. We regret we are unable to assist in locating a priest for you. If you are bringing your own celebrant we cannot confirm the booking until the priest/deacon has been secured and your booking must be accompanied by the Visiting Priests Details form to be processed.
Wedding Gratuity: It is customary that two offerings be made one for the parish (wedding gratuity) and a second for the celebrant who will conduct your service (this is normally given on the day). For active parishioners there is no expectation of a gratuity. However, in order to meet the rising costs of maintaining the church property a gratuity is sought from those outside of the parish.
Covid-19 related restrictions: There are a number of restrictions related to COVID-19 that places of worship are required to follow under NSW law. The impact these restrictions have on Weddings at St Francis of Assisi and St Joseph are detailed in our Wedding Information Booklet which we urge you to read carefully.
As part of our COVID-19 Safety plan we also require those booking a wedding to read and sign the COVID Protocols Agreement form which can be located at the bottom of this page.
Please note, in line with our COVID safety plan the current attendance limit for weddings is:
St Francis of Assisi, Paddington: 80 people max – including celebrant, bridal party and all paid employees
St Joseph, Edgecliff: 50 people max – including celebrant, bridal party and all paid employees
COVID restrictions may change without notice in line with the requirements and advice of the NSW Government.
Wedding Application Checklist:
- Complete and return Booking Form & COVID Protocols form to the Parish Office along with the wedding gratuity.
- If you are not a parishioner of St Francis of Assisi or St Joseph: Complete and return the Visiting Priest Details Form
- Please note that the celebrant will ask you for:
1) A copy of your baptismal certificate which not less than six months old.
2) A birth certificate or a passport and a drivers license or proof of age card.
- Arrange an interview with your celebrant.
- Enrol in a Marriage Preparation course.
- You are encouraged to obtain a copy of the booklet When We Marry – a practical planning guide for couples from Pauline Book & Media, located at 150 Castlereagh St, Sydney – Tel: 9264 8630
Forms & More Information: For more information and to download required forms please click the buttons below. You can also contact our Parish Team on 9331 4043 or by clicking the contact us button.